Saturday, December 11, 2010

New makeup from FACE atelier

I first heard of FACE atelier Cosmetics about 8 months ago, and then I saw them at IMATS Toronto this year and decided to buy a couple of lip glosses (a pretty low risk investment).  As a makeup artist I like glosses that come in a tube, so I can just squeeze out what I need on to a palette and then apply it to the client instead of worrying about any "double dipping" wand applicator mistakes.  I got "Peach" and "Ice" and I've been really impressed.   I'm not a crazy about lip gloss kind of girl, but these are really good, nongoopy, nonsticky lip glosses.  First impression:  impressed!!!  And the Peach shade looks good on everyone!  Its really beautiful!


PB092010.JPG.jpg

What else impresses me about FACE atelier Cosmetics????

  1. Its a Canadian company.
  2. Because it's a Canadian company I don't have to pay crazy amounts for shipping/duties and then wait for freaking ever for it to clear customs.  I like that a LOT!!!!
  3. It does not test on animals.  EVER.
  4. The founder of the company is a woman.  Yeah!!
  5. I love their makeup philosophy:  "Look good, feel good, be kind to yourself, and celebrate who you are.  The ideal FACE atelier woman is you."
  6. They are the official makeup sponsor for Madonna's "Confessions Tour"
  7. The $1.00 sample jar.

Another really cool reason why I love FACE atelier is that they offer $1.00 trial jars of their products!  Yes, that's right, you don't have to shell out the money for an entire bottle of foundation, only to realize once you get it home its not the right shade for you.  With the $1.00 sample jars you can buy the whole shade range for under $10 and try them all and then pick the one that suits you best.

20101201_2.jpg

So my December makeup purchase is from ....FACE atelier Cosmetics!



I purchased all the Ultra Foundation shades in sample jars.  I've tried them out and I've got to say...I'm in love!!!  BUT I'll get into more details on my next post, I'm going to do a foundation review.  So stay tuned for that!

I also bought an eyeshadow in "golden pearl", and a lipstick in "pink cashmere".  And some really new stuff that I can't wait to try out.  I got a sample jar of "Lip Putty" which fills in those pesky fine lines in and around the lips, eliminating colour bleeding, blurring and blotching.  An eyeshadow crease brush.  And a sample jar of "transforming gel" for transforming loose pigments and powders into eyeliners.  And a bottle of "lip lock" which is like clear shellac that locks in your lip colour.

Final thought on FACE atelier Cosmetics:  I'm LOVING it!!!  So far, I am totally impressed and excited about this brand.  Have you all heard of it?  I'd love to know if you've tried it and what your thoughts on it are!

Stay tuned for my next post on foundation reviews...

    3 comments:

    1. ohhhh totally going to order some!!! Thanks a million!!

      ReplyDelete
    2. That's great Rhonda, let me know what you think of it! You guys must be getting so excited for next week...hope it warms up for you guys:)

      ReplyDelete