Saturday, January 15, 2011

Holy smokes, I've been nominated!



I just got nominated today for the Stylish Blogger Award, and I owe a big thanks to Modern Jane for the nomination!  I have to admit, it feels really good to get an award of any type for my blog.  Having just recently entered into the blogosphere not that long ago, it's still hard to believe that people out there are reading about my little world of all things makeup.

As part of receiving the award I need to state 7 random facts about myself and then nominate fellow bloggers.  Are you ready?

7 Random Facts About Me:

1.  I love my family, and that includes my immediate and extended family.  I'm so blessed to be married to an incredible, supportive man who shares the same values as I do and who helps raise our 2 amazing little girls.  I really do love my life.

2.  I have an addiction to all things chocolate.  All hail the cocoa bean!

3.  My first job out of university was driving the Oscar Mayer weinermobile across eastern Canada

4.   I have numerous, shall I say quirks, that include a strong dislike for wool blankets and socks, shoes with straps that touch my ankle bone, and I really hate it when anyones feet touches me.  Yuck!!!!

5.  I love to travel, drink wine and eat good food.  And I really love it when all those 3 things can be combined.

6.  I love to sail on our boat, PEI has the most amazing beaches and with our boat we're able to find some really cool hidden gems that most people can't reach by car.

7.  I love to shop...for anything.  I love shopping for clothes, for makeup, for shoes, for my house, for the kids, for groceries.  I'm great for the economy!

And here are some of my favourite Canadian blogs that I nominate for the Stylish Blogger Award:
Susan on Design
ohsococo
makeup artist eman aziz
And of course, the awesome blogger who nominated me, and who inspires me to get on with designing my home Modern Jane

4 comments:

  1. Michelle, this is awesome! Congrats, Cuz! xo Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle,
    Congrats on your award, you are styln' for sure.
    Thanks for the nomination... I'm off to Vegas next weekend and trying to get all my work done before I go. When I get back I'll be sure to take the challenge and do the post in Feb. Thanks again.
    cheers
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Blogging can be a bit addictive as my husband learned in China. lol
    Your blog is very fun!

    ReplyDelete