Overall, the show was a success for me. I learned new tips and tricks as well as finding lots of new products. But like every show, there are some really great highlights and some major misses.
So here are my thoughts on the Best & Worst at IMATS Toronto:
BEST BOOTH FOR PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP ARTISTS:
this one is tied...
- Make Up For Ever - I waited almost an hour and a half in lineup at this booth on Saturday morning!!!!!
- NYX - I didn't purchase anything at this booth but the lineup was ridiculous! It was half the length of the trade show floor! It really made getting around that area, to the other booths, nearly impossible to pass through.
- Velour Lashes - Angela and Mabel are the sweetest girls and just so friendly. It was a pleasure meeting them!
MOST ENTHUSIASTIC VENDOR:
- Harry at the Grande Lash MD, this guy danced the WHOLE show! He IS the Energizer Bunny!
- MAC was actually selling product at the show this year! Last year they didn't have any product, they were just taking info for pro cards. So this was a nice change this year.
MY ALL TIME FAVOURITE BOOTH:
- The Student Competition Stage. I could stand there all day and watch those artists create masterpieces. I love it!
- Floraine David with Make Up For Ever. This lady is crazy talented and my heart was beating like crazy just watching her! She was so inspiring, and I just loved her work.
THE BIGGEST MISS:
- I really wish this show was for industry professionals only. Even if Saturday was pro only and then Sunday was open to the public. I think the quality of the show would be so much better. Then the seminars on the Saturday could be more focused and intense for the pros, and the Sunday seminars could be more generic for the public. I really hope that IMATS will someday move towards focusing more on the professional artists. Here's hoping anyway!