Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

It's finally here!  Happy Halloween everyone!  No snow or hail tonight but I'm glad I had my down jacket and gloves on when we went trick or treating with the girls.  So after doing what feels like a kazillion different makeup looks on the kids since about mid September, they finally decided this morning that they would stick with the original plan of being a vampire and zombie.

So here they are just before heading out for trick or treating:


Stephen stayed home to hand out treats this year.  He was dressed up as Captain Jack Sparrow, but I forgot to take a picture of him (oops!).  Sorry honey!  But I did take a picture of our spooky entrance.   Pumpkins carved by my darling vampire and zombie.  You can't tell by the picture, but those 4 pumpkins must have been given some superduper growing fertilizer.  They are the biggest pumpkins we've ever had.  I could barely lift them!


And inside, where the yummy candies are handed out!


It's now 8:30 pm, Halloween officially ended 30 minutes ago.  The kids are heading to bed, wired from candy, I'm sure it will be awhile before they actually fall asleep.  We had to tear them away from their loot bags,  here is how they left it for the night!

So tomorrow I'll be packing away decorations and my halloween costumes, accessories and special effects.  I'll have a few days to unwind but then I'll be gearing up for my trip to Toronto this weekend.  But more about that on another post!

No comments:

Post a Comment