Friday, June 10, 2011

Spread The Love

Prom season has arrived!   And next week there are 3 high school proms that are taking place in and outside of the city of Charlottetown.  I have 6 prom makeup applications booked for both Thursday and Friday of next week.   Busy busy busy!!!!  I love to be busy :)

But my sister gave me a fantastic idea, and I took her idea and ran with it.  She suggested I give a "deserving" high school student a free airbrush makeup application for prom (worth $50).  I loved her idea so much that I went to both local high schools and offered a free makeup application to one lucky girl from both Colonel Gray High School and Charlottetown Rural.  I put the selection process in the hands of the principals to choose who they thought were a deserving student - it could be based on high achievement, most improved, succeeded against all odds, or based on financial ability.

Honestly, I have to admit, it felt so incredibly good to spread a little good will and cheer into someone's day.  And it made me feel so good to give back in this little way that I think I will make this an annual event :) !

I know how good it feels to spread the love, and I'm putting the challenge out to all my readers to spread the love, in small or big gestures, it doesn't matter.  The happiness that it will give not only to others but also to you is AMAZING.  I know I'll be spreading the love more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment