Monday, July 18, 2011

Too Faced - Eye Love Palette

I recently purchased (with my Sephora VIB points) my very first Too Faced eyeshadow palette.  The palette is called Eye Love, and it has 8 eye shadows and a mini tube of Too Faced Shadow Insurance.


The palette is divided into 4 individual looks:  Natural Eye, Smokey Eye, Naked Eye, and Romantic Eye.


The Shadow Insurance is great, very similar to Urban Decay's Primer Potion.  




My thoughts:  The colours are beautiful and have great pigmentation.  There are 3 matte shades and the other 5 are very shimmery/frosty.  If you don't like frosty shadows, then this palette may be a miss for you.  But I really like that there is a mix of matte and shimmer shadows to choose from.  The palette also has a how to for each eye look, which is nice for beginners.  But don't limit yourself to those combinations.  A lot of these colours mix well together.  And mix the finishes too, an all shimmery look can be a bit too much, so combine a shimmery shadow with a matte for a more glamorous look.  I also think this would be a great little palette to travel with, it's compact and has a great range of colours.

Here are some eye looks I created with the palette:

The Smokey Eye


The Romantic Eye

2 comments: