Sunday, April 24, 2011

Josie Maran Hair Oil

Ok, I'll admit it.  I'm a hair product addict.  Maybe addict is not the right word.  It's been more like a life long search for the right product that would make my fine, limp but slightly wave hair look soft, shiny and bouncy.  That doesn't leave my fine hair crunchy, frizzy or a tangled mess. That's not asking too much is it?

Oh my god, really I've tried sooooo many products.  I've tried gels, mouses, powders, creams, and lotions.  I've bought high end and drug store products.  (sigh)  I've spent a lot of money...

And I tried so many tricks and tips.

And homemade DIY remedies.

You'll LOL at this story.  When I was in grade 7, my mother thought she came up with a wonderful idea of giving me a hot oil treatment.  Do you remember when V-05 hot oil treatment was all the rage?  Well we didn't have any V-05 Hot Oil treatment so she thought she would create a homemade DIY version. She warmed up some cooking oil and rubbed it all over my head.  Then she wrapped my oily head up in an old towel and told me to sit outside and let it soak in.  A few hours later I went to wash it out.  You see where I'm going with this right?  That oil was not coming out of my hair.  No matter how many times I washed it.  My hair was so greasy it looked wet (even when it was dry) for almost an entire week.  Yeah, that's a never do again DIY.

Probably because of that flopped DIY hot oil treatment, when the Morrocan Oil treatment came out a few years ago I was very hesitant to try it.  Who can blame me right?  So when I finally caved and purchased a bottle I would only put a drop into my hands and rub it on to my ends only, and that was after I used all my other regular styling products.  So I ended up just feeling neutral about it.

So fast forward to present day.  A few weeks ago I just decided I had enough of all the crappy hair products that were taking up too much space in my life.  I went on line and ordered the Josie Maran hair oil from Sephora.

So now my hair routine is this:  wash & condition my hair, comb out towel dried hair and rub in Josie Maran Hair Oil.  I gather my hair up as if I was putting it into a pony tail and just rub the oil all along the pony tail.  Let air dry, and if I have time I might put some curls through it with a curling iron.  This product has revolutionized my hair routine.  Despite my fears, my hair is less oily (I used to use so much hair products that I think it caused my scalp to feel oily) and it feels softer, shinier and yes even bouncier!

And what's the cherry on top?  I get to get rid of all these products that junked up my vanity!



What's your go to hair product?  Do you have any hair DIY treatments good or bad to share?  Who remembers Sun IN?!  Now that's a whole other post...called Brunettes Should not Use Sun IN!

No comments:

Post a Comment