Thursday, April 21, 2011

Royal Wedding Countdown

One week from tomorrow people from around the world will be watching and celebrating the marriage of Prince William and Kate Middleton.

I have to admit, I didn't really care at first but I'm kinda getting swept up in all the excitement.  Are you?

The couple announced their engagement in November...after 8 years of "courtship", she is obviously a patient lady!  These are their 2 official engagement photos.  They are such a good looking couple, so fresh and youthful.
 Copyright 2010 Mario Testino
Copyright 2010 Mario Testino

Did you happen to notice the beautiful engagement ring?  As most of you all know Prince William proposed to Kate with his mother's, Princess Diana's, engagement ring.  I absolutely am in love with that ring.  Want a closer look at it?

Paul Hackett/Reuters

And here is a picture of the two lovely and amazing women who have worn this special ring:

Suzanne Plunkett/Reuters/Landov; A.G. Carrick/Camera Press/Getty
Don't you just love William's face when he was a little boy?  Full of joy!

I have always been a big fan of Princess Diana's.  I was 5 years old when she was married to Prince Charles and I amazingly can still remember sitting in the TV room with my family watching the Royal Wedding in 1981.  One of my most vivid memories was of her in the carriage after the ceremony.  Doing her royal wave :)


She was such a beautiful and remarkable person.  I heard on the radio this morning that Princess Diana had multiple wedding dresses designed for her and she only made her final decision on the morning of the wedding!  Do you remember her dress, or more specifically that train???





But this is one of my favourite wedding day photos of Diana.  I think it really captures her as we all knew her.

So you know what I'll be doing next Friday.  I can't wait to see her dress, how she does her hair, and most importantly...her MAKEUP!!!  She is such a fresh and natural beauty, I just can't wait to see how she looks!

Best wishes Prince William and Kate! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment