Friday, November 26, 2010

My heart belongs to Yonka

When it comes to skin care products, I always suffer from the "Grass is Greener on the Other Side" syndrome.  I'm such a sucker for celebrity endorsements, glossy ads in magazines, or the promise of miraculous results.  Why, why, why do I fall for it?  Every time?!

But I swear, I think I've tried every freakin brand out there.  It all began way back when with Sea Breeze (I'm serious, I really did use it). Who remembers Sea Breeze???  I don't even think they make it anymore.  Then I moved on to Noxema, then Ivory soap with Nivea to moisturize.  Yes, I used soap to clean my face.  Oh the horror!!!  I used the Ivory/Nivea combo from about grade 10 till I finished my degree in university.

And that's when the real experimenting began.  It was then that I learned that you should never use soap on your face.  Oops!  How was I to know?  I must have been living under a rock.

That's when I first tried Yonka.  I loved it but I always had in the back of my head, what else is out there?  Is there anything else that could make my skin feel and look even better?  Why did I ever ask myself that question?

So on my skincare journey,  I've tried everything from drugstore brands (Cetaphil, St Ives, etc.) to the high end (Kinerase, Dermalogica, etc.) to the organic/natural brands (Dr Haushka, Burts Bees, etc.).  Did  any of these brands blow my mind?  Did they stand up to the claims?  One word - NOPE!!!

With all the money I've spent on failed attempts on skincare products, I could have bought....I don't even want to go there.  I'm just torturing myself.  I can't go there, I could have bought, (gulp) a pair of Christian Louboutins for gods sake! :(

Oh well, it's my own stupidity.  But I've learned my lesson.  My heart belongs to Yonka, and it always will.  My skin care routine is simple.  Cleansing lotion to remove makeup/cleanse my skin.  Elastin Nuit to moisturize every morning and night.  That's what works for me.  My holy grail.  I will never wander again.  I promise.  What's your holy grail skin care routine?  Not that I'm going to switch!!!  I'm just curious!

No comments:

Post a Comment