Monday, May 23, 2011

London Baby! Part One...

My first trip to London was perfect, actually more like a dream!  The weather was perfect, sunny but not too hot.  Believe it or not, I even got a sunburn!  Never thought I would need to pack sunblock for a London vacation:)


My husband was there on business and I was a tag along, so I shopped while he worked.  A perfect set up!

We were wined and dined to the nines by the company who invited us to London.  They put us up at the May Fair hotel.  A beautiful 5 star hotel in the May Fair area, that apparently is a hot spot with celebrities and the paparazzi.

I really suck at celebrity spotting, but there were some big names staying at the hotel while we were there.  There were these 2 guys who are from Britain's Got Talent or X Factor or something like that.  I have no idea who they were but girls were camped out on the sidewalk for 2 days trying to get a glimpse of them.  And they also just happened to be 2 doors down from our room! (And yes they like to party, believe me, I was up all night with the constant stream of girls going up and down the hall....grrrrr.....) They were 2 young guys with blond hair kind of styled in a mohawk type of thing...does anyone know who they were.  Someone told us but I can't remember...something like Jude...or something like that.  You can see them in the back ground of this picture...can you see their blonde, spiked hair? :)  Oh and the pimped out car belongs to some famous soccer player (or should I say football player).  Yup, we were roughing it!

We ate at some pretty awesome restaurants, one being Maze a Gordon Ramsay restaurant (you may know him from Hell's Kitchen).  The food was awesome!  And we got to meet Gordon himself!

He's actually really nice!  Not scary at all!  He really enjoyed our storey of how we bought his Royal Dalton dishes and how our girls put the box with his face on their heads...LOL...should I email him this pic???


The company also took us to the Mahiki Lounge for 3 nights in row.  Awesome bar, but my liver was not a fan!  They told us this is where Rihanna likes to go when she's in London.  It's a Hawaii themed bar for the young and the beautiful.

 Our table at the Mahiki bar, full of drinks, drinks and more drinks...

This is how our magnum (yes, magnum) of vodka arrived...


The treasure chest of booze...

The ceiling over the dance floor...so cool I couldn't resist taking a picture!

A wood carving on the wall...

But the real highlight of my trip was the Eric Clapton concert.  The company hosting us invited us to their VIP booth at the Royal Albert Hall.  The concert was out of this world!


So that pretty much sums up our trip, except for my shopping expedition.  But since this blog post is getting kinda long, I'll share that in my next post!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a trip!!! You are once removed from celebrity status!! Sounds like great hosts :) You definitely need to send the pics to Gord....He would kill himself laughing....too funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was an incredible trip - we would never splurge like that on our own :)
    I did post the pic of Gordon on his facebook page. :) He "liked" it!! LOL

    ReplyDelete